CTI with pipe drive

I am looking forward to integrate pipe drive with our telephony solution. Could anyone please help me with few points.

• I need look into the flow for generating/using refresh/access token (OAuth authorization). Can I get sample client id, secret and URL to test it.
  • Can anyone provide me (preferably a sample request) with the flow for posting Outbound & Inbound calls to pipe drive like the APIs to use etc.

Thanks,
Ravindra

Hi Ravindra,

For the first point, you need to request a sandbox (if you haven’t yet), and from there you can get a sample client id, secret, etc to test.

1 Like

Hi David,

Thanks. I will get it.

Could you please help me out with second point OR point me to someone who can.

For example, after creating sandbox account for user, I might wish to send Outbound/Inbound call notification to that user. So what APIs to hit in that case and what would be complete flow for the same.

Thanks,
Ravindra

We don’t offer any API endpoints for direct outbound/inbound call notifications (you can log calls as Activities), but what other CTIs have done is to use a Chrome extension to manage this part of the telephony integration. You can take a look at some of the current offers here: https://marketplace.pipedrive.com/apps/phone-solutions

Thanks for the suggestion. I will surely look into these possibilities.

Alongside, could you please also answer few of my questions below :-

1. By logging an activity, I guess you mean using Pipedrive API v1 Reference API.
    That means I would be adding an activity at the end of every call Outbound OR Inbound.

2. What about pop ups. Will pop ups be shown in consequence of logging an activity OR I have to use other APIs for that OR (altogether a different question) does pipe drive provide pop us facility?

Thanks,
Ravindra

Hi Ravindra,

1. Yes, that’s correct, you would be posting activities on both Outbound and Inbound

2. Pipedrive doesn’t provide a popup feature itself, you will instead need to create this feature via the Chrome extension (which unfortunately I’m unable to provide guidance on).