Custom floating window - visibility event

Hi, Team! We are implementing Custom floating window with our calling app.
Is it possible to get the contact’s phone number in the context parameter when visibility is triggered? Or there is another way to pass the contact’s phone number to our app when a pipedrive user intends to make an outgoing call?

Hi @guials22,

Welcome to our DevCommunity! :wave:

To answer your questions, yes, it is possible! If you subscribe to the visibility event, you will receive a phone number and relevant IDs. The event should look like this:

{
    "is_visible": true,
    "context": {
        "relatedIds": {
            "dealId": 123,
            "personId": 321,
            "orgId": 213
        },
        "callToNumber": "1111111",
        "invoker": "user"
    }
}

I hope this answers your question. Please do let us know if you have further questions. :blush:

Thank you very much :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oops, I forgot to add: the phone number and related ID fields will only be added to the event if a user attempts to start a phone call from Pipedrive. If a user opens/closes the floating window, the phone number and related ID fields won’t be included in the event.

Thank you, @Nicole_Tan.
I have one more question - is it possible to test a floating window with the app, which is running locally on localhost?

Hi @guials22,

Unfortunately, at the moment, it’s not possible to test a floating window with an app that is running locally on localhost. You’ll have to use tools such as ngrok. We’re looking into how we can support this in the future though!

This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.