Identical deal updates

Hi

I am looking into a problem with deal updates being fired twice within a few seconds, with the exact same data.

We had this problem before, the root cause being our service not answering before 10 seconds, causing a retry. We solved this by having a relay service that always answers 200 as soon as we get the data.

The problem is still there, and the “retry” field both says 0 (as mentioned, the requests are identical).

I have no idea how to debug this any further and it’s causing a lot of race condition problems.
Any suggestions?

1 Like

Can you give me as much details about the process you’re going through? Tough to tell what might be the issue for you

We run some checks if a deal status is won. For example, if a field is not filled, we notify the person responsible by sending an email.
The symptom we are seeing is people getting the same email twice.

We log all the raw request we get into S3 buckets, and looking at those I see stuff like this:

2018-09-18 08:55:58 41700 53796-1537253751020
2018-09-18 08:56:06 41700 53796-1537253759020

When I diff the two requests, they are identical, which means both triggered an email to be sent.

Each webook trigger runs it’s own Lambda function that terminates when it’s done, so don’t think it’s me logging the same request twice.

So I guess my questions are:

1. Anyone heard / know about this happening?
  2. Is there a way to tell? Perhaps asking Pipedrive support?

It’s really hard to know what info is relevant to this issue, so please feel free to ask :slight_smile:

Hi

I’ve got the same problem. The only difference between two updates when deal is created is in ‘followers_count’ field.

1 Like

Hey @artemalexpetrov, if the Followers count is changing and you have webhooks setup to change on Deal Updates, then this would trigger it. Any change that appears on CHANGELOG is seen as an update:

1 Like

I can’t really tell if this is still a problem, as we have taken care of all kinds of race-conditions instead.