Is it possible to notify Pipedrive about the status of an app installed from the Marketplace?

Hello,

I was wondering if there’s any way to send to Pipedrive the status of an application installed from the Marketplace. Case scenario is: user decides to install my app through Pipedrive Marketplace. Both apps work together, send some data to each other etc. But to use our software, a client has to buy a monthly subscription. When this subscription expires, our application will stop sending and receiving data to/from Pipedrive. So some changes in data stored in Pipedrive might not be processed to our app and opposite.
What I would like to do is to display information about the expired plan somewhere in Pipedrive, eg. settings/Marketplace Manager or next to INSTALLED and Manage buttons in the Marketplace. Is there any way I could achieve that?

Hi :slight_smile:

What you can do is notify them that the subscription is about to expire through your own channels (email, for example). Once it expires, you can uninstall the app for the user, if you want.

You can do that by revoking refresh_token and access_token, using this endpoint.

There’s no way at the moment to notify the user that the subscription to your service has expired inside Pipedrive.

Hey,

Thanks for your response Dani. Sending notifies to the client using our own channels is kinda obvious, but that’s not the case here. And I don’t want to uninstall app automatically, because It doesn’t mean our client doesn’t want to use our app anymore. It can be something temporary, like a problem with payment (expired card etc.). Because you can use our app without logging in to the main panel through browser, you will not always see inside-app notification. And when using Pipedrive as main CRM source and main app, it would be nice to be able to receive some additional info, that there’s something wrong with one of integrated apps you’re using.

I believe it’s not something you plan to add in near future?

It’s definitely on the plan. You’ll be able to that and more :wink:
You’ll have to wait a little while to do that, but I think you’ll really like what’s coming next.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the info. I’ll just stick to other options then.

1 Like