In our application we want to integrate pipedrive apis.
For that as per documentation, there are 2 ways.
- With Api_token
- By creating app.
I think of first one, user may have to manually add api_token in our application.
But integration with oauth need pipedrive app.
Now just to implement login with pipedrive facility, do we need to publish app or unlisted app will work?
Our App is for all pipedrive users, not based on organization related users.
Also kindly let me know if somehow Api_token may work.
Need some guidence thanks.
Let me answer your questions
- Now just to implement login with pipedrive facility, do we need to publish app or unlisted app will work?
- Using PD login doesn’t require being published, but only users on the account can use it if it hasn’t been published (you can publish and choose to be public or unlisted)
- Our App is for all pipedrive users, not based on organization related users.
- You will probably want to be a public app then
- Also kindly let me know if somehow Api_token may work.
- You can use API_token, but then your integration isn’t as secure (OAuth) and you won’t be featured in the Marketplace as we only accept OAuth apps
Thanks a lot sir, but as i have mentioned we can not implement login with pipedrive to retrieve API_token token right?
Means we have to manually ask user to enter API_token in our App right?
Also if app is unlisted, will all user still able to use login with pipedrive facility?
No, you can’t implement a login with Pipedrive using the API token. They would have to copy/paste it somewhere manually.
Yes, you can implement the OAuth flow for an unlisted app, achieving a “login with Pipedrive”.
If you’re planning on releasing your integration for many users, there are really no upsides to using the API token. I would say just go the OAuth route unless you have a good reason not to