PermissionSets API breaking changes

Hi @Sumith_Kumar_S, yes, the change was postponed and took effect on September 1, 2021 (announcement post available here). Sadly, the documentation indeed had a misalignment with the reality, as our API’s backend expected strings whilst documentation still mentioned integers - I’ll push for this correction to be done asap.

This shouldn’t still affect your integration as the backend of our API has expected strings for this parameter since September last year :thinking: Could it be the case that you re-started to use this integration after a while and then the errors were triggered? I can dig deeper into this issue if you can provide exact errors with timestamps as well as your app’s client_id, feel free to DM them if you wish :slight_smile:

Hi @Elina , we have been using the old methodology until this month from past years, I dont think the change took effect on September 1, 2021. It took effect on June 22, 2022 which caused our integrations to break suddenly and there was nothing mentioned in the Pipedrive docs regarding this breaking change rollout. I have been in constant touch with the Pipedrive support but they are not able to provide an ETA on when the docs will be updated so that we can modify our integration accordingly. This is an escalated issue for us as we have stopped syncing the permissionset endpoint for all our customers and waiting for response from Pipedrive.

Hi @Sumith_Kumar_S We have now fixed the mishap in the documentation which now represents the backend reality that has been in place since last year’s announcement. We haven’t done any updates to these endpoints’ functionality for a while so I am afraid that without additional logs of errors I can’t troubleshoot this further.

Our engineers are quite curious about the issue you are facing and would like to troubleshoot further, for that we’d need logs of the request body and response body after your app crashed for the customers as well as the errors you received with timestamps.

1 Like

Hey @Elina I have shared all the details with the Pipedrive support through chat support