Please help with zapier, deals, people and organisations

Hi there,

I’m sending through a deal with zapier from mailchimp which creates a separate contact and organisation.

I’ve tried for hours to connect the contact and the organisation but it just never works.

If anyone can help I’d really appreciate it

Hi @PS30!

If I got it right, your Zappier trigger is some Mailchimp action, which creates Organization and Person in your Pipedrive contacts.

I do not have Mailchimp, but as trigger can be anything I’ve tried it with Typeform, and my Zap looked like this

To connect Organization and Person, I create Organization first, so I could use its ID in create Person

After I enabled Zap and triggered Typeform action, an Organization was created in Pipedrive and it had a newly created Person connected to it.

I hope it helps, and if does not, could you describe how are you connecting Organization and Person?

Thanks for getting back to me, I will try and see if it works that way for me.

I attempted my first webhook which worked for connect the person and the organisation but now I need to try and link them both to the deal. Stressful when you have no clue what to do

Did I get it right that your goal is to create a new Organization, a new Person (link them together) and after create a new Deal and link it to previously created Organization and Person?

If so, that means you would need one more step in your Zap, Create Deal in Pipedrive and use org_id and person_id from previous steps in “Customize” field.

Also, to understand it a bit better, I would suggest trying our API reference first. For example, Create a Deal https://developers.pipedrive.com/docs/api/v1/#!/Deals/post_deals via API (manually) and see what’s the result in Pipedrive UI, the same for Organization and Person. After you feel comfortable with creating these entities manually via API reference, Zapier configuration should be a bit more understandable as it uses exact same API but provides a user friendly way to link/combine things.

1 Like

Hey, sorry for the late reply. Only just had a chance to try this and it’s worked. Thank you so much for your help.

My issue may have been putting mailchimp integers in the ID slots in zapier. Everything seems to be linked now though.

Cheers!

3 Likes

BRO THANK YOU SO FKING MUCH…I WAS TRYING TO ASSIGN A PERSON TO AN ORGANISATION AND A DEAL TO AN ORGANISATION AND IT WASNT WORKING AND I WAS SO FKING DEMORALISED BUT THEN I READ THIS AND I WAS PUTTING IN THE ORG “NAME” NOT THE ORG “ID”

FIXEDIT STRAIGHT AWAY. I LOVE U GUYS

hnaks

2 Likes