401 - Unauthorized | Deals

Hi, my name is Ailen and the platform I work for has an integration w/ Pipedrive that has been working for 4 years.
Last couple of weeks we noticed that we’re getting a couple of 401 when we’re trying to fetch data from the deals endpoint. Some things to note are:

• There are 15 customers pulling data from the deals endpoint, but these errors happens only for 3 of them.
  • We also fetch data from other endpoints, such as activities, persons, pipelines, and organizations, using the same api token, but it just fails for the deals one
  • We get that error after being able to retrieve some data. Last request for one of them failed when the query param “start” was 23500 (we started at 0). These are some headers we got from that error response:
    responseHeaders.cf-ray:6f86918938a78017-IAD
    responseHeaders.x-correlation-id:acf9cd14-5320-4fff-a409-31658d1ba958

Let me know if there is anything else I can provide to add more context.
Hope this help to figure out the root cause
Thanks,

Ailen

Welcome to the community @Ailen_Munoz :raised_hands:

Can you share some details regarding the following?

• Which specific endpoints are being used for pulling data?
  • What is the volume of data being pulled? do these 3 users differ from the rest?
  • Looking at the start parameter, it seems like quite a lot of data is being pulled - is pagination taken into consideration?

Thanks for sharing the header details. :slight_smile:

Hey Hem! Thanks for your response. Here are the answers to your questions:

• We’re using https://api.pipedrive.com/v1/deals and https://api.pipedrive.com/v1/deals/:deal-id
  • The customer I shared the headers have ~67k deals. We’re taking into account rate limits to perform requests. Some other customers have more deals and no issues to import them
  • Yes, we are using pagination. We grab 500 deals per request, and we will increase the start param on 500 while the previous response contains the field pagination.more_items_in_collection: true

Hope this help! Thanks

Hey @Ailen_Munoz
Thanks for sharing the required details. I have reached out to you in DM for the account ID. Let me investigate this in detail