Add a button in the actions menu without OAuth

Hi there. Posting on behalf of a client, who’d like to know how involved the server-side code would need to be to have a basic app action.

In short, the desire is to add a button in the actions menu that will redirect the Pipedrive user to an external webpage, sending data with it. See the circled portion of the image below:

2021-09-14_20-20

Here is where the client wants the button. It’ll say something like “Send to Hotsheet” and then send the currently logged-in user’s data to https://ourexternalcompanysite.com

I’ve created an “app” in Pipedrive, but I can’t install it because there is no app on our end to authenticate the request. It is my understanding that app installation requires server-side code on our end to handle the OAuth flow.

I’ve been able to retrieve the data desired using the API token manually, but my client still wants to know if there’s any way to implement this from the actions menu without building out the OAuth flow on our end. I don’t think that’s the case, but wanted to ask here to confirm.

Please let me know if I need to be more clear!

Kind regards.

Hi @jayascript

It is my understanding that app installation requires server-side code on our end to handle the OAuth flow.

You’re correct.