Bulk record creation

With 10k global limit on PUT/POST requests I was wandering if there is a plan to introduce bulk endpoints that would allow us to create N number of records at the time specifically for product records.

1 Like

Hello, @spale777 and welcome to the community! :wave:

There aren’t plans to add bulk endpoints in the near future, but I will forward your feedback to our team! :slight_smile:

Which items/entities would you be most interested in having bulk creation endpoints? Could you share some additional details about your use case?

Sincerely,
Helena

Well I am working on NetSuite and Sap integration and the big problem is syncing inventory items and services to Pipedrive. Both systems have fairly complex product matrices that can have numerous price levels, currencies, packaging, quantity brackets, pricing groups etc. There could literally be 100k+ records per implementation and that is just for inventory items and services.

If we go into into Accounts, Contacts, Suppliers, Customers then we are talking 300-400k records easily.

Having a bulk endpoint would help the sync process go fast and be completed in timely manner. If I was to implement a bulk endpoint it would not be done per record type but it would be an endpoint separate to everything else where you just send a collection of objects with combination of endpoint and data element that you would then internally call without going back and forth each time a record needs to be updated/created.

Something like this:

/bulk
{
  requests: [
    {
      endpoint: /deals
      method: POST
      data: {whatever you need to put in here}
    },
    {
      endpoint: /deals
      method: POST
      data: {whatever you need to put in here but on the second object}
    },
  ]
}

It would return a collection of responses for each of the sent objects in the request collection.