Code modification to support upcoming TLS1.2 changes in pipedrive API

Hello All,

Since Pipedrive moving to support TLS1.2 and discontinue other TLS versions , I’m required to change my code that invokes pipe drive API.

I’ve my code written in C# , though I’ve researched online and it appears a simple change, I’m concerned about down time that can incur on site while making these changes.

My question:

1. Is Pipedrive going to support older TLS version with new changes for some time to allow users to change their codes without breaking?
  2. When is TLS changes rolling out , I want to be ready in advance to avoid down time.
  3. My site is on shared hosting server, any specific configurations that I need to look after to support TLS 1.2?

Please help asap.

Thanks.

@David

Hey Sangeeta,

We haven’t officially announced anything on this yet, but we plan to soon, before then I’ll give you some short answers to your questions

1. Is Pipedrive going to support older TLS version with new changes for some time to allow users to change their codes without breaking?
    We won’t support older TLS versions, but again, we haven’t announced this yet, but when we do we’ll give at least a month of time to make the switch.
  2. When is TLS changes rolling out , I want to be ready in advance to avoid down time.
    I can only say that it will be over a month from now.
  3. My site is on shared hosting server, any specific configurations that I need to look after to support TLS 1.2?
    This I’m less sure on, but I don’t believe there’s anything you need to look into.