Convert Lead to Deal

What is the recommended way to convert a lead into a deal using the API?

Hello @Ben_Gale

There is no dedicated endpoint for converting a Lead to a Deal, but you can use the following sequence to replicate UI behavior.

GET /leads/<lead id> - get a lead data
POST /deals - use org./person data from a lead for a deal request body
DELETE /leads/<lead id> - if there is no need in lead anymore it can be deleted.

Hello, @mykhailo

A question about working with leads and deals via API.

Through the UI, the user converts the lead into a deal. We receive a new deal via a webhook. But we cannot create a webhook for a lead. And we don’t get a webhook about lead deletion.

How do I know if a lead has been removed when converting to a deal via the API?

Not for this case, how to get remote leads via API?

Hello @a.skibardin

Unfortunately, there is no API yet that would show if a lead was deleted.

And we don’t get a webhook about lead deletion.

There is a plan to add Lead’s events under Webhooks, but I can’t give any ETA.

2 Likes

We would also request such an endpoint - also an endpoint for converting a deal to a lead

We would like this functionality also.

Hey @launchspeed
Welcome to the community :wave: This request has been passed to the concerned team and they are aware of it. Please do subscribe to the Pipedrive API Changelog to stay tuned for updates regarding the same.

There is an endpoint or recommendation to do inverse, like convert Deal to Lead? How is the correct procedure to achieve this goal through API.

Any update here? I would also love this feature.

Hello! :wave:

No update regarding this at the moment, but I have forwarded your feedback to our engineering team!

Cheers,
Helena

Any update on lead to deal endpoint? Seems like a pretty reasonable request and quick win given y’all have a dedicated button in the UI.

Hi :wave:

The conversion endpoint between a lead to a deal (and vice versa ) is planned for Q4. It is expected to release a beta version by the end of November.

Hi Jakub,

Any updates? I’m now willing to create an automation for this Lead to Deal conversion.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Hey @TT92, :wave:

The changes are ready and currently, the documentation for the public API is being internally reviewed.
We expect it to be out till the end of December as beta.

1 Like

And any news @Jakub_Netrh ?

Any news about this?

@Jakub_Netrh

Q2 2024…? :sweat_smile:

Hey hey, :wave:

sorry to say that even though we still plan to finish it, It has been put back to backlog. Therefore the final delivery day is unclear for now.