CRM Organization / Person fields automatically filed with make real Name and not their ID

Hi there! :slight_smile:

I’ve amde a quick video : Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom - 9 July 2024 | Loom

I couldn’t find a specific topic on this, but I imagine it’s a common issue.

In Pipedrive, we use custom fields for organizations and people. We want to populate these fields automatically. The problem is that I can only fill them with an ID instead of the actual organization name (which is linked to the ID but should display as a name).

When I ask Make to fill in a custom field for an Organization or Person, it only uses the ID instead of the name. For example, retrieving an organization provides both the ID and the name of the organization. However, when you try to populate the organization/person field automatically, you can only provide the ID.

In the custom field in Make, it only accepts an ID. If you provide anything else, it doesn’t work. As a result, we end up creating a new organization with the name of the organization ID we were trying to add to the field.

The ID is just the key. In the custom field, we don’t want the key; we want the organization or person’s name.

I’ve reached out to Make support for a solution, but I’m still waiting for a response.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks a lot ! :slight_smile:

Hi Florent,
You might need to explain a bit more. If the title really reflects what you want to do - you’re starting with the wrong trigger (that should be a Person Updated instead of a Deal added).
Anyway, the logic of make.com is simple - you only indicate the ID - not the name of the organisation. Make will insert the Organisation into the deal and in Pipedrive you will see the name of the organisation.

1 Like

Thanks i’ve found ! best