Custom Labels - App Panels

Hi Community,

I tried emailing below to PD but looks like they don’t have Dev level support - hopefully you can help me here:

I was wondering if there is any way to overwrite the “labels” in “app panels” based on our API response. This is possible for embedded actions:
Screenshot 2022-01-17 at 09.33.06

Here you can see our app panel. We are using an array of objects to make the different “Overall Lead Score”, “Buyer Score”, “Qualification Score” tabs.

Currently the labels are hardcoded and correct for the “Buyer Score”, but not the other two.

I would like to be able to do as the below to also update the label for AA, AB, AC so we can have all the fields within the single panel. This does NOT currently work and throws an error.

I have already managed to create 3 separate embedded action windows to complete the actual filling of fields and score calculation on server side, so this is the last thing blocking us.

I would appreciate your assistance in either overcoming this exact problem or by suggesting a better way to approach this keeping in mind all technical limitations on number of sections in json files.

Hi @myneral-labs

Did you consider using three different panels instead? As each panel holds values according to the JSON structure at some point in time your "Overall Lead Score”, “Buyer Score”, “Qualification Score” might have different fields, not only labels.

As for dynamic labels in the app panel, indeed, it’s not possible at the moment.

2 Likes

Ah, that will work I think - was trying to avoid getting too messy with JSON files if we are deploying in different companies, but just found the “unlisted” publishing category which should let us set and forget the marketplace listing once! Thanks for getting back :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just tried this, unfortunately I want all panels to show on the “Deals” page - this isnt possible by creating an additional panel in marketplace manager as it forces to place it in the other 2 locations.
Screenshot 2022-01-18 at 11.54.36

There have got to be more app developers that want more than 10 components within an app panel! I much prefer having the app live within PD than in a pop up, but it looks like I may have to go that route now if there are no further workarounds.

Yes, completely forgot about this limitation. I raised this topic with our product team, to understand what’s the plan of having either dynamic labels or allowing multiple app panels within one placement. Will get back to this as soon as I have some news. In meantime, it seems like the only option is to use some generic labels for all three scores within one app panel.

2 Likes

Ah, ok - thank you for raising this with them as unfortunately the integration looks to be dead in the water for now without this functionality.

Hi! Do you know if this is being implemented?

Hey @myneral-labs
There isn’t a specific timeline as of now. However, I would recommend subscribing to Pipedrive API Changelog to stay tuned on platform & API updates :slight_smile: