Deal field gone in web ui and all deal fields list, but values are still there

One of our custom deal fields is not displayed in the Web UI in the deal details anymore and it is not listed , when I try to customize the fields.

Even when using the API endpoint /getDealFields I cannot find the field anymore.
However when I use /deals/{id} I still get the values returned for that particular field with the old field key I was using in a script to extract the correct values.

My questions are:

• how could it happen that the field is gone? Of course deleting it would cause that, but no one has done so.
  • why are the values still stored in the individual deal details?
  • Can I easily recreate the deal field to be displayed again? I have the unique key of the field, just not the field ID.

Hi @Kristian_Skold,

Welcome to the Developer community

Let me try to answer your questions

• how could it happen that the field is gone? Of course deleting it would cause that, but no one has done so.
    As you’ve stated it, it would need to have been deleted. Either by one of the Admin Users (as there’s a few on the account) or possibly through an integration depending on if you’re using any
  • why are the values still stored in the individual deal details?
    Would you be able to share the keys (old and new) you see and I can look into it further
  • Can I easily recreate the deal field to be displayed again? I have the unique key of the field, just not the field ID.
    You can’t do it from your end, but we can restore it from ours (as long as it hasn’t been deleted for too long a period). Could you share the key of the Field?