Geocoding: Turn it off?

Goodday,

Geocoding again: Is it possible to turn it off? To fill the individual address fields (zip, country, street, …) individually?

Background: We are suffering from failed geocoding. Worse than instances where it simply fails to identify the location are instances where geocoding delivers false data. If a pipedrive admin looks at a case from my company, evergreen energy, check out deal 3000. We give the house number in the address field, but it fails to load the house number into the postal_address_street_no field because Google Maps has not updated their maps for that particular area of Germany (check Bing for reference: they are up to date). It follows that the pipedrive overview shows the street number but the background ETL processes do not.

Solution: Can we turn off geocoding and use the address field in a more traditional way where we simply enter the street, house no, city etc? Or is there another solution available?

Best,
Bijan

Hey Bijan,

No way to turn off geocoding for Address-type fields unfortunately, but as a workaround you could just try creating custom Text Fields to manually fill them out? Not sure if that will work for you.

1 Like

Hey David,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I was thinking about the same as a last resort.

For what it’s worth: I do like the geocoding feature; it’s just not foolproof enough for automated operations.

Best,
Bijan

Yeah, I can definitely understand. I’ve ran into some issues myself where the geocoding from Google Maps doesn’t fill it out correctly.