Get deal change history including custom fields

We’d like to get the history of certain changes in a deal object, which works well for values and stages with the deals flow endpoint for older changes before we started using webhooks. But it seems that custom fields are not included. Is there any way to get past changes for a deal’s custom fields?

Hi @_vb,

Are you referring to editing the Field itself or the value within the Field? If you’re editing the Field itself then it isn’t related to that deal directly, but to all Deals so it wouldn’t make sense for it to show in the the Flow.

Also, if you’re editing values in Organization or Person Fields this also wouldn’t show in the Deal flow as it isn’t directly related to the Deal.

Let me know if that doesn’t make sense.

Thanks for responding so quickly. I understand and agree to your points. We only need the value of that custom field. Since its value should indeed be associated directly to any deal, and any changes to it are listed in the Deal’s Changelog of the web interface, I just expected it to also appear in the flow.

I see what you mean now. Yeah, it would make sense for the same changes that show in the Changelog to also show in flow via API.

I’ll look into it further to see if there’s a hidden option or reason why.

1 Like

Hi @_vb

Sorry I dropped the ball on this thread, but a similar issue just came up and:
if you add ?all_changes=1 to the GET parameters, you should be able to retrieve the Custom Field changes as well

Thank you, I will try this.

Edit: Seems to work fine, thanks again.

1 Like

Hi @David,

I have the same situation. When importing deals from Pipedrive I want to be able to see the user who last modified that deal. Could you please point me into the right direction? Is there already a field which give the information about the user who modified data from a deal?

Thank you!

Hi @abc,

First up, a big welcome to our community! :wave:

To see which user modified the deal and what they did, you can try using the GET/v1/deals/{id}/flow endpoint. Make sure to set the right query parameters such as all_changes = 1 to get custom field changes as well.

The response from this endpoint is a changelog that will give you the user ID along with the changes that the user did. If you don’t know the user ID belongs to, you can use the GET /v1/users endpoint to find out.

I hope this helps. Please do let us know if you have further questions. :slightly_smiling_face: