GET /persons/{id} returning deleted fields

Hi,

I have a bunch of deleted fields on Persons (/personFields/{id} confirms that by giving me a “Field not found” error, as expected), but they still show up when getting a person’s details with GET /persons/{id}

Is it an expected behavior? Do I have any ways to avoid that and get only existing fields?

Cheers,

Patrice

Hi Patrice,

I just tested this on my end and I wasn’t able to replicate it. Are you sure that you’re returning information about a deleted Field in GET /persons/{id}?

If so, can you tell me what type of Field it is?

I believe this is what I have yes (I have about 15 customs fields on the admin interface, but around 40 in my API result), and they are strings as far as I can tell.

I could not reproduce either with a new field to be honest.
I’ll have to list all the fields keys I get from both /persons/{id} and /personFields/ to compare them.

But as concrete example in the meantime, I added the google contact integration, then disabled it.
And I assume that because of it I ended up with three new fields (notes, birthday, job_title) which I was able to delete but still show in my /persons/{id} results (I assume they come from this integration because I’m the only one who tested it and the fields appeared to be created by me though I never created fields on purpose)

But as concrete example in the meantime, I added the google contact integration, then disabled it.
And I assume that because of it I ended up with three new fields (notes, birthday, job_title) which I was able to delete but still show in my /persons/{id} results (I assume they come from this integration because I’m the only one who tested it and the fields appeared to be created by me though I never created fields on purpose)

Yes, these Fields are created when you connect to the Google Integration.

But they still show up in API results after deletion, unless I missed something.
Is there any way to really delete those, as well as my other obsolete custom fields?

Just to confirm, it’s only those Fields that are created when you connect Google Contact sync, correct? Can you replicate this with any other custom Fields?

I cannot reproduce it with new fields, but fetching a Person’s details give me more custom fields (not only the Google Contact ones) than I can see on the interface or that I get from the API when I fetch the list of fields.

Those fields were created a while ago I assume, before I started using pipedrive myself.

I get 45 custom fields (not including the Google Contacts ones) from fetching a Person’s info.
I get 15 when I fetch the list of all Person fields, which matches what I have on the admin panel.

In this case, since I can’t reproduce it, can you please contact our support? This way they can take a look into your specific account to find what might be causing the issue.
You can refer them to this thread to catch them up.