Get won deals summary by person

I see there is a post from 2020 about that Person summary - total value of won deals. But! I really want to filter it by person not by user!
How can I do this?
I do not want to load ALL the deals and to loop over them for calculate the total amounts so I hope there is an endpoint that can give me what I want in a light and efficient way.

You can include filter_id in the Get Deals Summary request, so just set up a filter for deals connected with that person.

1 Like

Ok but …I have to do a filter for every person?
Because the person connected to my application will not be the same each time …^^
So it would mean create a filter each time a person is created in my database … it will pollute filters and this must be scripted …
I doubt that it is the good solution for my case :slight_smile:

You can update a single filter dynamically using a script Pipedrive API v1 Reference

Not sure your use-case, maybe that’s not ideal. Our company purposes only uses the endpoint in scripts, hence the suggestion.

2 Likes

Even if it’s not the optimal solution, your solution would prevent me from looping on all the data to just get some numbers so I will investigate this and will come back to post the final word or… another questions if something went wrong. Thanks.

I am not sure how to use this endpoint.
I have used :

$conditions = [
    'glue' => 'and',
    'conditions' => [
      [
        [
          'object' => 'person',
          'field_id' => PERSON_FIELD_ID_EMAIL,
          'operator' => '=',
          'value' => $email,
          'extra_value' => ''
        ]
      ]
    ]
  ];

It seems that my curl request does not return any error but…My filter is still the same.
I use the method PUT…I do not know what I’m missing :thinking:

Hmm, my code return a wrong thing so I used Postman and it said that my structure was not correct (conditions is not seen as an array). I am investigating that now.

Yeah, the structure for updating filters is a bit tricky. Sometimes it’s easier to do a get of an existing filter set up the way you want it, and can use that as a suggestion for your structure - Pipedrive API v1 Reference

I’ve done so with a test filter, here it is in JSON format:

"conditions": {
  "glue": "and",
  "conditions": [
	{
	  "glue": "and",
		{
		  "object": "person",
		  "field_id": "9029",
		  "operator": "=",
		  "value": "email@email.email",
		  "extra_value": null
		}
	  ]
	},
	{
	  "glue": "or",

]
	}
  ]
}
1 Like

When I use the curl command to get the filters, I see my filter with a particular id. When I do the PUT request (in fact, it “pseudo” worked in my code but not in Postman for a reason that I do not understand), it shows another id …
I do not know if it is me that is tired or what but … :sweat_smile:

Possible you’re adding a new filter instead of updating existing? Otherwise not sure.

I cannot work on it at the end of the previous week for some reasons, but this morning I still do not succeed to make that PUT request work. I change the structure numerous times, even tried to put the name optional parameter …
I do not know what to try next :worried:

Ok so I am very dumb those times.
The problem in PostMan was to send raw parameters and not via x-www-form-urlencoded or form-data.
But! On PHP side, I just did not use CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS and was still using GET parameters for my PUT request :expressionless: and I had to remove urlencode as well.
Now that I can update my filter, I will see if it solves my initial problem.

1 Like

I believe that my deal summaries work now! Thanks @paulieweb !

1 Like

Glad to hear it lionel!

1 Like

Thanks for the awesome answers @paulieweb and for sharing the details @lionel :slight_smile: I found it helpful

2 Likes