Getting "Unknown action" when attempting to open CUSTOM_MODAL

When the below executes, no UI changes take place and the error Error: Unknown action is logged in the console at a.port1.onmessage (index.ts.56:13)

sdk.execute(
  Command.OPEN_MODAL, {
    type: Modal.CUSTOM_MODAL, 
    action_id: 'guid-from-my-custom-model-id',
    data: { membershipId } 
  }).catch(error => { console.error(error);

index.ts

channel.port1.onmessage = ({ data: response }: { data: MessageChannelCommandResponse<K> }) => {
  channel.port1.close();
  const { error, data } = response;
  if (error) {
    reject(new Error(error)); // Error thrown from here.
  } else {
    resolve(data);
  }
};

I’m not seeing any bugs reported anywhere, so I assume I have a fundamental issue in the way I’m interpreting the documentation.

Any clues what the error indicates so I can troubleshoot? I assume it means my action_id is invalid, but it is literally copied directly from the field in the Custom Modal Extension UI, so I can’t see why it would be incorrect. Perhaps there is a way to list valid actions to see if it is under a different name?

Found something interesting - the above code works when executed from a custom panel, but not from a custom floating window.

Hi @FreedomSuites_MW,

Welcome to our Developers’ Community! :wave:

Thank you for sharing your findings. I’ve shared your query with our developers who take care of app extensions, and they’ve told me it’s a bug on our side. An issue has been raised and we are working on it!

This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.