How to Automate a Stage Change on Day of Activity

I’m looking to automate a text to be sent to a contact, on the morning of their meeting. So in Pipedrive, we have the current workflow:

Custom Pipeline

• Stage 1 - Deal is added from website form. The contact is sent a link to schedule an appointment (day & time), which is passed into Pipedrive along with the deal info.
  • Stage 2 - Meeting is now Scheduled
  • Stage 3 - Meeting is Today
  • Stage 4 - Meeting happened and either Sold or Lost

Right now, this is a manual process for sales team to move people through the pipeline. I’d like to automate a few things, but the FIRST and MOST important is to automate the move from Stage 2 → 3.

Is there a way to automate the moving of a deal from one stage to another, based on the day of their appointment?

For example, if “today” is January 1st and a Deal is created, and they choose a meeting for January 5th, is there a way to automate the move of this deal to “Stage 3” on the morning of January 5th?

Or even better, can we move the deal to Stage 3 one hour before the meeting and trigger a text message or email reminder?

Having difficulty finding time-based automations and thought I’d ask here in case someone can help me shortcut this. Thank you for any direction / help you can provide!

Hello @Jeremy, welcome to the community!

What you can do today via Pipedrive automation is to use the Delay step (e.g in 3 days) and then Deal action to update Deal fields - Pipeline stage, choosing to which stage deal should go then.

Another take would be to use a service like Zapier or Make for other automation options, or even use the webhooks with your own integration. :slight_smile:

Hi @Edmilson_Souza - appreciate the feedback.

However, the Delay approach doesn’t seem like an option because the “delay” will never be a fixed timeframe. Can you set the “delay” to a date field? For example, if a user has an appointment on Friday at 8am, can you “delay” the action until “Friday at 8am” (the appointment date set on the contact / deal?

Also, I happen to see this under the “Automations → What’s New” section of my Pipedrive account:

Which makes me think that this isn’t currently available, what I’m asking. At least without the help of another custom integration, whether Zapier or a Webhook?

The trigger automations based on date fields is coming soon, as described in the card above. I can’t give a specific date of when it will be available, but surely, this feature it will be more useful for the workflow you described.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.