Introducing new Subscriptions API endpoints

Effective from August 6, 2020

We have now added the brand new Subscriptions resource to our API which represents the Recurring Revenue feature inside Pipedrive.

Subscriptions represent the revenue that is occurring over time with payments either in set or varying amounts. Subscriptions have two types - installment and recurring.

We have made available 9 new endpoints for fetching, creating, updating, and deleting different Subscriptions.

Find more detailed information about the new endpoints and OAuth scopes they are available in here!

1 Like

Hi, Is there possibly a workaround to create recurring subscription without any additional payments? Right now the additional payments is a required field in the API. This is quite essential as we are trying to automate transferring the won products as either recurring subscriptions, Only if some other kind of products are being won, they will be added as additional payments, possibly with the Installment payment function.

Hi Juho!
This actually seems to be a typo on our API Reference. payments isn’t a required parameter and we’ll get it fixed asap. For now, you can just ignore this field when you’re making requests.

Hi @Juho_Koski we have now fixed the behavior in our API Reference page

Hi, Thanks for adding this new endpoint. But is it possible to add new endpoint which can list all the subscriptions?
Currently, we don’t know the subscription ID but we only know the deal_ids. We have thousands of deals and have to request one by one to get those associated subscriptions, which causes rate limit. It would be very nice if we can list all the subscriptions.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback @C_Cao. I can’t say when/if we will add this endpoint, but I will forward your request to our developers for their insight.

1 Like

At the moment I still have two problems:
I tried to add payments using the API and the following array:

[
{
“amount”: “2000”,
“description”: “RE Test12”,
“due_at”: “2020-08-12”
}
]

This leads to the following error:

"error": "HTTP request is not valid",
"error_info": "'body.payments.0.dueAt' is required",

Fair enough → Probably a typo in the documentation and I changed due_at to dueAt. Unfortunately, now I am receiving another error:

“statusCode”: 10001,
“error”: “An unknown error occurred”,
“error_info”: null,

Was anybody successful in adding payments using the API-call and can tell me how my array should look like? I am using the POST-command for “Add a recurring subscription”

Without the “payments” parameter the POST-command is working by the way. It’s just an issue about that array.

Hi @felix
Can you provide the full request you are making to the endpoint and the name of your company domain so we could troubleshoot further?
One thing you can also try out in the meantime is to send a request to the same endpoint where payments has multiple objects in the array, like in this sample

{
“deal_id”: 1,
“currency”: “USD”,
“cycles_count”: 2,
“cycle_amount”: 1000,
“cadence_type”: “monthly”,
“start_date”: “2020-10-05”,
“payments”:[
{
“description”: “setup fee”,
“amount”:100,
“due_at”: “2020-10-05”
},
{
“description”: “cancelation fee”,
“amount”:150,
“due_at”: “2020-12-05”
}
]
}

1 Like

Hi @David Do you have any news on the “all subscriptions” endpoint? This was also requested here: Need a "Get all subscriptions" call

Hey Phillip,

Checking with the team again. I’ll update you here if there’s anything substantial.

Does anyone know if cadence_type, in Subscriptions, can have custom values? For example ‘bi monthly’ or ‘semi annual’ or ‘bi annual’? The default set {‘weekly’, ‘monthly’, ‘quarterly’, ‘yearly’} is a bit short. And if the answer is ‘yes’ then would you kindly share how to do it? Thank you so much.

Hi @Lev_Blum, sadly, adding custom values for the cadance_type is not currently possible, but I’ve passed on your feedback on this to our development team :slight_smile:

Thank you Elina for this clarification.