Is app review required for OAuth app to be found by any user?

Hello, we’re extending our existing Google Workspace addon to support Pipedrive CRM and we want to use OAuth. This addon does not have to be in the Pipedrive Marketplace to begin with. Would we still have to go through the review process for our OAuth to work?

Some of our Pipedrive clientIds give us App is not found. Why is that?
Thank you

Hi @aspantel, welcome to the community!

Hello, we’re extending our existing Google Workspace addon to support Pipedrive CRM and we want to use OAuth. This addon does not have to be in the Pipedrive Marketplace to begin with. Would we still have to go through the review process for our OAuth to work?

Not really. When you create your app in Pipedrive, you can choose to create a private one. A private app can be transitioned to “Live” status, which allows other companies to install it as well, but it won’t be listed in Marketplace and does not need to go through the review process.

Some of our Pipedrive clientIds give us App is not found . Why is that?

It depends, is your app in draft status? An app in draft status can only be seen and installed by users in the same company where it was created.

Thank you. Yes, our app is public and in draft status.

Say, we don’t need to get into the marketplace right now, is there a way to make the app “Live” so that its Oauth flow works for all users?

Or do you suggest we use ‘Private’ mode for that? It does not look like I can trurn Public to Private switch anymore for an existing app.

Currently there is no option to convert a public app into a private app, so creating a new one that is private is the way to go. The good news is that private apps require much less information, it’s fairly quick to create one.

Hi @Edmilson_Souza

We have been facing a similar issue. You mentioned it’s possible to get a private app set to Live - this would allow others to connect to it but would not have our app hosted on your marketplace. This would be the ideal outcome for us. How do you get a private app set to Live so that other companies can connect to it?

thanks in advance!

@Edmilson_Souza We switched to using a private app. It’s live and its oauth flow is available for all users but we face a few other inconveniences:

1. There is no way to upload the app logo for the consent screens.
  2. Is there a way to migrate a private app into the public status later on?
  3. Having Lead scope issues (403 Forbidden). Is it possible a token refresh could be loosing its Lead scope?

Thank you

@ntohill Hi there, welcome to the community!

When you are editing your private app details, you will see these buttons at the top right:

A popup will show up with some information. If you confirm, your app will be changed to Live status.

@aspantel
Let’s see if I can help you with your questions:

1. Unfortuately yes, this may be added in the future, but right now, private apps will display the default icon.
  2. Public apps need to go through the review cycle and approved in order to be listed in Marketplace. So you can contact the Marketplace team to convert the app, but it will be transitioned to draft status and will need to be sent to review and approved before it can be published.
  3. Did you add the scope recently? One thing that could have happened is this: When a scope is added to the app, users need to reinstall it in order to have access to the new scope.

I reinstalled the app just now but still, accessing Leads gives me
"Scope and URL mismatch”,“errorCode”:403,“error_info”:“Please check developers.pipedrive.com

Permissions are good:

what is strange is that I can get a list of all Leads but get the error when loading one Lead record.

Scratch the Lead issue. Looks like after loading a lead we try to get Owner info an 403 comes from a user info request. Our own issue.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.