Messaging app extension - conversation not showing

Hi there :wave: ,
I can’t get the conversation to show in the messaging window…

My getConversations endpoint is returning one mock conversation like shown in the documentation example:

{
"success": true,
"data": [
{
"id": "1",
"link": "https://test.com",
"status": "open",
"seen": false,
"next_messages_cursor": "string",
"messages": [
{
"status": "sent",
"created_at": "2022-03-29T06:38:06.913Z",
"message": "Ciao",
"sender_id": "1",
"reply_by": "2022-03-29T06:38:06.913Z",
"attachments": []
}
],
"participants": [
{
"name": "string",
"role": "end_user",
"avatar_url": "https://cdn-icons-png.flaticon.com/512/3135/3135715.png"
}
]
}
],
"additional_data": {
"after": "after"
}
}

But it doesn’t show up…

Can you help? :slight_smile:

Also, are you planning to bring the messaging tab into Deal and Contact views, as well?

:christmas_tree:

Hey Dani, thank you for reaching out to us!

The problem here is that all conversations must have two participants - one source_user and one end_user.

We updated the docs to make it clear.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

About your second question, there is no plan like this. There will probably be a whole new section for the messaging :slightly_smiling_face:.

I hope it helps, have a nice day!

3 Likes

Hi Josef,
Thank you, but I made the change and now the messaging window doesn’t show up at all. It says installation incomplete. It’s hard to debug because there are no further error messages.

Also the getSenderById endpoint is described as optional in the docs (and before I could upload a manifest without it) but now it’s required.

Hey Dani, I am sorry for the issues, it is still a BETA so it is not perfect.

From the logs, there is an error with the manifest

{
  "manifest": "Expected { version: string; endpoints: { getConversations: string; getConversationById: string; postMessage: string; getSenderById: string; deleteChannelById?: string; getTemplates?: string; getMessageById?: string; postAccount?: string; }; }, but was missing"
}

which also means that you are correct - getSenderById is required, but from what I can see in the codebase if you send fetch_avatar: false and also avatar_expires: false with the participant objects, the endpoint should not be called.

Let me know please if it helped :slightly_smiling_face:. Thank you!