Need webhook to trigger ((only)) when an "open" deal moves to a different stage

Hello. I’m creating a webhook that posts a message to slack whenever a deal has moved to a different stage. What I did is that I chose “updated” as my event action and “deal” as my object. While this does actually do the job, what happens is that the webhook also triggers when other events are updated inside a deal, like an activity or a note. I don’t want those. I only want the webhook to trigger for deals changing stages. How do I go about setting up such webhook? Thanks.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, they do not have a discrete event sourcing model. I hope down the road this is something that is made available.

I am dealing with a similar scenario, when a deal changes ownership. I simply perform an early exit in my event handler.

1 Like

I dream with a world where this is possible… i have thousands of deals everyday, im using n8n to update my database so marketing can transform that into data in Looker data studio…
my n8n is overload because we have to update the whole thing instead of only the stage in that deal.