PipedriveAPI POST/PUT triggers Webhooks

Is there a way to block Webhooks from triggering when pushing data to Pipedrive with PipedriveAPI.

Our problem is when we POST/PUT changes to Pipedrive we get the same changes back via Webhooks. Only way to block these seems to be doing-nothing at the Webhook Endpoint when Webhook content meta[‘user_id’] is the ‘admin’ user account we use with PipedriveAPI. Not optimal solution as it generates unnecessary traffic.

Hi :slight_smile:

You’re correct, you do get the same data you send back via the webhook. This is how it works, and at the moment there is no way of blocking specific requests from triggering the webhook. So yes, you should filter on the endpoint contacted by the webhook.

I agree that adding the possibility to prevent certain requests from triggering the webhooks could actually save some traffic and work in some cases. We’ll take it into consideration, but for now it’s not on the roadmap, so keep filtering on your side :+1:

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

It would be good to mention this at Guide for Webhooks. Created quite a bit of confusion first.

Is there some specific part that was confusing, or do you mean that we should just specify that webhooks are always triggered?

In general that they are always triggered. My thoughts defaulted on that only changes made in the UI trigger webhooks.

Got it :+1:

We added it to the webhook page on our documentation: https://pipedrive.readme.io/docs/guide-for-webhooks#section-events-in-pipedrive

Thanks