Simultaneous webhook for New Person and Update Person

Hello, we are using Zapier, and we capture a webhook when a Person is created, as well as when one is updated. However, when a new Person is created, we receive both the “created” and “updated” webhook simultaneously - which is causing a problem in our logic. First question, why is an “updated” webhook being sent when a contact is created? Should I simply use the “updated” webhook for both events and include more actions and filters in Zapier to differentiate? I’m hoping to avoid that scenario as every small change triggers hundreds of actions - it’s a problem. Second question: is there a straightforward way in Zapier to filter out an “updated” event that actually happens simultaneously with a “created” event? I know I can create an action to compare the time-stamps, but again, this creates thousands of actions a day that really ought to be unnecessary. I’m hoping for a solution that allows a straight filter without requiring any actions. Thank you

Hello,
This is a known issue. We will fix this soon, but I can’t give you a precise date yet. As you suggested, I would check the timestamps, or use only the updated event.
Let me know if I can help.

1 Like

I would like this feature as well to be enabled soon. We are stuck on an integration with pipedrive due to this issue.

I was thinking maybe send a parameter via the POST, PUT, DELETE request to avoid firing the webhooks?

A granular management to be something like:
triggerCreatedWebHook: false,
triggerUpdatedWebHook:false,

or just a global one:
triggerWebhook: false

Hi Team - I notice the issue still exists - you comment “we will fix this soon”. has gone a little beyond soon. 6 months. Can we get some expectation of timing please.

@prhumphries65 and @dani I actually created this post 18 months ago (not 6). And still no response. Bummer.

@prhumphries65 @hvy_weight

:frowning:
I’m sorry to hear. I will flag this again.

(Did you manage to put a patch on it for now by checking the timestamp?)

This is total mess - almost 2 years after.

I’m using Integromat and this bug is eating at least 100% more operations than it should. I also have a feeling that some stuff is being sent not just twice but 4 times!

It would be good if those error hooks AT LEAST went out several seconds after each other. That way I would have enough time to make changes thru Integromat so the when then next hook comes, the scenario would not longer trigger since conditions would not longer be met