Synchronise Sandbox to Live system

Hi,

We are developing an integration between our corporate CRM and PipeDrive.

We have a Sandbox account, which is great, but it is very different from the live account, which has had a lot of configuration done to it (eg custom fields), and also has a lot of its own data.

We really need to be developing against a more realistic installation than the default Sandbox. The Export/Import helps a little, but we would still need to recreate the custom fields by hand, which would be time consuming and error prone.

Would the PipeDrive tekkies consider cloning a live installation to the Sandbox?

This is a service we would be willing to pay for.

1 Like

So you’re just looking to replicate the same custom fields into the sandbox account?

Yes, plus any other configuration and data

We are not sure, but suspect that, even if we recreate and map the custom fields, using Export / Import features will not provide a fully realistic copy of the data

1 Like

(and I think the UIDs for the fields will be different too?)

We have the same problem. Anyone knows how can achieve this?

Hi @vvenegasv,

I’m sorry, but we don’t offer this as an option. Maybe in the future we can.

Just wanted to check if anyone created this over the past 2 years?

1 Like

I would like to know, if this is now possible?
It is kind of limiting, as the hashes of instance custom fields matter in other integrations.

This is a real downside. Does anyone have an idea on how to really set up a testable system that interacts with pipedrive?

Same here… Would be extremely handy!

Thanks all for sharing the importance :slight_smile: This is one of the big feedback items we have. I would recommend subscribing to Pipedrive API Changelog to stay updated. I am keeping the thread open to hearing about the use-cases too, please feel free to add the scenarios (more details are always better)

I now got a PipeDrive integration project to maintain. The previous guy didn’t even bother with the sandbox environment because it wasn’t easily configurable to represent the actual setup. Basically working directly in production.
A way to synch sandbox to prod would be userful.

1 Like

Hello,
any news on this subject?
We are developing an integration between PipeDrive and our backoffice software and we would like to test via the sandbox environment. This would require:

• to configurate the same pipelines, stages, custom fields as in the live account (if I’m not mistaken, I can export/import deals, organisations, persons, activities but not the pipelines and fields)
  • to have the same API keys in both environments
    Thanks

Hi,
Reviewed your requirement carefully,wanted to help you out with the same,Please let me know your convenient time for the detailed discussion.

Looking forward to hear from you soon
Thanks
Srishti
Email:srishti.2ibrinfotech@gmail.com