Trigger send email

I’m planning to send interaction emails to our users, e.g., when the user has created their first form, abandoned the checkout, etc. I’d like to use Pipedrive to select the correct email template, replace some information and send that email to the user (via Pipedrive).

Is that at all possible with Pipedrive? From what I see in the API Reference no.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @djaax,

You’re right, this wouldn’t be possible via our API. This would be something you would need to do through triggers and likely Zapier.

I haven’t tried it myself, but I believe Zapier should be able to help you with this.

Thanks for the reply, @David! You don’t happen to have a guide or article on this?

Unfortunately, not really (for this specific case). You can check out this article, it might help out: https://support.pipedrive.com/hc/en-us/articles/206743479-Zapier-What-it-is-and-how-to-use-it

If Pipedrive doesn’t provide an API endpoint for sending emails, then Zapier cannot help here. I also need to send emails from Pipedrive on certain events and hope that Pipedrive will extend the API soon.