Usage of Emojis on Product names

Hello!

I’ve been integrating a python 3.6 production system to pipe drive, and everything is going smooth, except for this single issue: Some of the products registered on our system have emojis on their names and when those products are added to Pipe Drive, their name appears blank. I don’t seem to able to remove them before sending the post request to the API. I’ve tried regex, libraries and a some encodings.

There are two obvious solutions: Either remove every emoji from every name before uploading (which I failed) or Pipe Drive accepting emojis on their product names. Help with any of these is greatly appreciated. Mainly with the first. Here is the snippet where I send the post request.

payload = '{{ "name":"{}","tax":"0","active_flag":"1","prices":[{{"currency":"BRL","price":{} }}], "code":{}, "visible_to":"3" }}'.format(name, price, code)
                    payload = payload.encode("utf-8")

response = requests.request("POST", url, data=payload, headers=headers, params=querystring)

Hey Alberto,

It looks like this post in StackOverflow might be able to help you out with this. Could you take a look and let me know if it’s no-good.