Occational HTTP status 500 API response

Hi

From time to time, I get a 500 response from the API. If I run the exact same request again it runs fine. Started to suspect we were hitting the API Rate Limit, but that doesn’t seem to be the case as the X-Rate* are not even in the header.

Example response header:
{‘Content-Type’: ‘application/json’,
‘x-correlation-id’: ‘61d0592a-38e9-43ed-894f-f48459601375’,
‘badi’: ‘Routing: eu-central-1=>eu-central-1; Version: b469; Host: a2dc;’,
‘Cache-Control’: ‘no-cache’,
‘Access-Control-Expose-Headers’: ‘X-RateLimit-Remaining, X-RateLimit-Limit, X-RateLimit-Reset’,
‘Server’: ‘no-name-at-all’,
‘X-XSS-Protection’: ‘1; mode=block’,
‘X-Content-Type-Options’: ‘nosniff’,
‘Date’: ‘Tue, 25 Jun 2019 12:03:37 GMT’,
‘Connection’: ‘close’,
‘Server-Timing’: ‘edge; dur=0, origin; dur=33, cdn-cache; desc=MISS’,
‘Strict-Transport-Security’: ‘max-age=31536000 ; includeSubDomains’
}

I’m starting to see this more and more, so is it something I’m doing wrong or is this a Pipedrive problem?

Happy Tuesday :slight_smile:

Hey, I have this error, too. Sometimes I get no response but when I try the same request via API Playground, it works. Some requests were:
https://api.pipedrive.com/v1/searchResults/field?term=some_term&exact_match=1&field_type=personField&field_key=44ebb6feae2a670059bc5261001443a2878a2b43&return_item_ids=1&start=0&api_token=some token

https://api.pipedrive.com/v1/persons/XXXXX?api_token=some_token

But some POST requests on persons fails regularly. In such cases the response doesn’t contain an error property and the HTTP status code is 500.

We need a solution for this. This happens several times a day.

This is a known issue. I don’t know much about it at the moment but we’re already investigating it :+1:

@dani, great :slight_smile:
I couldn’t find it mentioned anywhere though. Is there a place where i can get notified when it’s resolved?

The problem didn’t happen for at least a week, but it might be because we have less traffic in the summer holidays.

@dani @Troels_Gorm_Rasmussen @rawburner do you have any updates
on this or any workaround?

I’m facing some random HTTP 500 responses right now from searchResults endpoint and is breaking my automations :frowning:

Looking for any possible solutions!

We are having the same issues.

Sometimes we receive a 500 notifications saying: “Whoops! Something broke in our servers and we cannot serve you this page. Check our status page”.

We receive these message random from the following request:

• Get-request -> organizationfiels, personfields, dealsfield.
  • Request -> subscribe of unsubscribe to a webhook.
  • Post / put -> organization, person and deal.

We also tested these endpoint on the API reference page and were working fine. But the endpoints fail with the acces_token method.

We are hitting these errors on our development, staging and production app. It not that from every 100 request 1 fails, but it is more 40% fails.

When we make a request multiple times in succession, the request will be processed (manually tested).

hi @Marcos_Arata @Stefan
Sorry to hear you’re still having issues with this. We’re looking into it.

Hi, @dani

Thank you for your response

Since yesterday afternoon (UTC) the api is working correctly again.

And we no longer receive 500 reports.

2 Likes

Hello, we often have 500 error responses from deals
error

1 Like

Hi,

We are facing the same problem on deals/{id}/products endpoints.

Do you have any information about this problem ? Thanks

I am continuing the conversation thread here

However, feel free to share further details (mentioned in the wiki below) when you encounter such errors